Find out what supplies you will need for the school year.
Please contact the front office if you have any questions or comments
concerning the supply list.
We’d like to provide a few reminders to help our clinic run smoothly. Please remember that medication can be given at school ONLY with a medical authorization from the student’s physician. Please keep all contact records up to date so we can contact you in the event your student is sick. Information can be updated via the office.
Attendance, Tardies and Early Checkouts:
At Highland City Elementary, every minute of every day is important for student success. Please be sure your student arrives on time. Our bell to go in classrooms rings at 7:55 AM and the tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM. Early checkouts are not recommended. Our students are receiving instruction until the end of the school day, 3:00 PM.
The uniform dress code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. it also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pant/skirts, leggings, etc.
Bottoms: Dark blue, black, or khaki/tan
- shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- must be plain, solid-color, twill, corduroy or denim fabric
- no sweat pants, knit pants, or overalls
- traditional blue* jean color is okay for denim
Tops: White, navy, gold, or hunter green with collar
- all navy and khaki girls school uniform jumpers are allowed
- must have long or short sleeves
- knit polo-type or woven dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks
- sweatshirts (in school colors) paitred with a collared shirt
- Highland City Elementary t-shirts ($8.00. Can be purchased at orientation and in the front office throughout the year)
Thongs, flip-flops, cleats, heels, boots, and open-toed shoes, including sandals, are not permissible. Shoes msut be a matching pair. For safety, shoestrings must be ties properly. Tennise shoes are often the most appropriate wear for school.
School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules.
For more information, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct for a copy of the student dress code.
Other dress code rules:
- a belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- make-up, tattoos, and fake nails are not permitted
- shoes must be safe, appropriate size
- clothing that is too tight or loose is not appropriate for school
- clothes must be appropriate sixe, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist
- a small logo is acceptable